After the first concessionaries, the estate was sold to Mr. Calixte Chantoiseau in 1807, who then sold it to Mr. Charles Telfair in 1816.
After the first concessionaries, the estate was sold to Mr. Calixte Chantoiseau in 1807, who then sold it to Mr. Charles Telfair in 1816 for $60,000 . Charles Telfair lived on site from 1816 up until 1820, and greatly developed the estate, both in surface area by acquiring nearby lots, and in production and diversification. During his tenure, Ruisseau Créole (666 acres) and Mont Roze (278 acres) were annexed in 1817, while 468 acres had been sold to Félix Carosin who created the Beau Champ estate. The Beau Champ estate was then reconfigured in 1823, which would become later known as Frédérica.
Between 1817 and 1830 the number of sugar factories in the Savanne district increased from 7 to 15. Twelve of the existing 14 distilleries were transformed into sugar factories and 4 into lime kilns for sugar purification which left two remaining. This expansion corresponded with the extension of the preferential agreements from the Caribbean to Mauritius obtained by Governor Farquhar in London.
Shortly before his passing in 1833, Telfair sold the majority of the estate to Blancard, Waughnand Lesage. Telfair’s heirs sold their part to Mr. Gaston d’Emmerez. The plantation then covered 5,000 acres. The Bel Ombre Sugar Estate Company was created in the same year for the purchase of Bel Ombre, Beau Champ and Sainte Marie. This company was dissolved in 1836 and deBelloguet and Morville became owners of Bel Ombre, while Siméon, Paul and Auguste Eynaud acquired Beau Champ and Jules Rampal acquired Sainte Marie.
In 1850, the Bel Ombre ownership was partially transferred to Mr. Joseph Staub, who then passed it over to his son in law, Mr. Roger de Belloguet. Mr Charon became administrator and continued the process of agricultural diversification initiated by Telfair.
A sugar factory was constructed in Beau Champ in 1855 and its total surface area was 272 acres, with 210 under sugar cane cultivation. Ten years later, the ownership of Beau Champ or Frédérica was transferred to Mr. Levieux and its administration entrusted to Mr. d’Unienville. The Frédérica factory was closed in 1874. In 1864, Bon Courage was purchased by Daniel Piquenard, therefore annexing its land to the Choisy Estate. In 1869, Jacoby was transferred to Bel Ombre.
In 1886, 2175 acres of forest forming part of the Bel Ombre estate were acquired by the government, becoming part of what is now known as the Black River Gorges National Park. The remaining 2985 acres were sold to Sirs Taleb and A.J. Mamoojee. In 1890, it was acquired by Mr. H. Salehmohamed who later sold it to Mr Hajee Jackaria and Hajee Ahmed who also acquired Beau Champ and Sainte Marie.
On 22nd June 1910, the Compagnie Sucrière de Bel Ombre was created by Emile Sauzier, Eugène de Rosnay, A. James Wilson, Edouard Rouillard, Oscar Pilot, Robert Pitot and Georges Antelme for the purchase of the estate, acquiring also Beau Champ and Sainte Marie, followed by Frederica four years later, and finally in 1951, Bon Courage, Chamarel and Case Noyale, totalling 15200 acres. 
Jean-Pierre Lenoir, Bel Ombre, entre mer et montagne, Editions du Corsaire